Lissajous Canvas Print
The Lissajous canvas print has several lissajous figures and the parametric equations used to plot them.
Lissajous figures are the result of plotting two equations together. In this particular case, the two equations are…
x = sin (a t + ϕ) and y = sin (b t)
The variable a controls how many times the pattern repeats in a time of a t = 2π. In these plots, since a = 1, the oscillation is complete in t = 2π.
The variable b does the same for the y value. For example, when b = 2, the cycle repeats in a time of t = π, since 2 t = 2 π then.
The variable ϕ is a phase that controls the value of x at time t = 0. Here, since ϕ = π/2, x starts out at 1 at t = 0 since x = sin (π/2) at time t = 0.
The plot show y on the y-axis and x on the x-axis. Notice how the number of loops change as the value of b changes.
- Looking to add a little flair to your room or office? Look no further – this canvas print has a vivid, fade-resistant print that you’re bound to fall in love with.
- Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
- 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas
- Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²)
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
- Matte finish coating
- 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep
- Mounting brackets included
- Blank product in the EU sourced from Latvia
- Blank product in the US sourced from the US